Skip to content

How To Fine Tune Your Brain Function

Brain blueprint

A blueprint of the human brain

Most people think of chiropractic care as a means of healing from back or neck pain, headaches and other musculoskeletal conditions. While it is wise to consult a chiropractor for these problems, many people do not realize that chiropractic care can have profound effects on the function of organs, glands and even the brain itself.

For instance, a groundbreaking study presented at the International Research And Philosophy Symposium held at Sherman College found that Chiropractic adjustments have a positive effect on the Central Nervous System (CNS), specifically on the four primary frequencies of brain function.

Brain Function Measurement

Brain function is measured on four primary frequencies: Beta, Alpha, Theta and Delta. Alpha waves reflect the meditative, relaxing healing mode. Beta waves represent the active, busy brain. Theta waves reflect light sleep, relaxation and conceptual development. Delta waves represent the brain activity during deep sleep, repair mode and energy storage.

The study was conducted over a three year period. Approximately 100 volunteers were examined with an electroencephalogram (EEG) before and after chiropractic care. The doctors in the study examined the participants for spinal nerve stress which occurs when two vertebrae lose their proper motion pattern, become “locked” or “fixated” and alter the transmission of nerve flow in some way. This almost always occurs due to some type of stress or posture distortion; particularly excessive forward head posture.

The EEG brain scans were examined to check the right/left balance of brain activity, the amount of total activity, the primary regions of activity and the effect of the adjustment.

Chiropractic Adjustments and the Brain

After receiving specific chiropractic adjustments to restore normal vertebral motion, post EEG scans revealed improvement in all areas of the volunteer’s brain function. Particularly, the researchers noticed a substantial increase in the meditative Alpha brainwave patterns that are associated with a greater degree of relaxation, health and healing.

Neurons

Neurons transmit nerve signals to and from the brain

The researchers noted that some of the volunteers already had balanced and active brain scans and the adjustments had little effect on their post scans. They felt this was a good indicator that the adjustments had no negative effects on brain activity.

According to Dr. Christopher Kawa, one of the cutting-edge chiropractors in Brick NJ who uses the latest technology, “The implications of this study are profound indeed. Over and over research is proving that chiropractic care has the ability to positively affect body function on a far greater level than simple pain relief. Since only 10% of the nervous system feels pain, the other 90% can have significantly altered function without a person ever realizing it.” Dr. Kawa suggests that every person who is looking to maximize their health and their quality of life should get checked by a chiropractor who has a computerized autonomic nervous system scan such as the Insight Subluxation station scan. He uses this scan on his patients in his Brick NJ chiropractic office to assess their nervous systems and to locate areas of stress and malfunction.

Learn more! Call Dr. Kawa today to schedule your nervous system assessment at (732) 920-8844.


Dr. Christopher Kawa, Discover Chiropractic | (732) 920-8844